Saturday, February 03, 2007

I've met the newest prophet... I think he's going to die soon.

Saint Paul... the First Hermit
Yes, as my posting title states, I've met a self proclaimed prophet... a boy who thinks he is saved... sort of. SORT OF?? anyway, so I asked him why? and he's all "god told me he's cool with whatever I wanna believe and not to trust man made texts." (I believe he's hinting at my belief that the bible is a pretty good jumping point for belief structures as it's the Word of God, but maybe I'm wrong) Any hoot he went so far as to claim that the bible has been edited so many times that it's as good as any copy of harry potter. at this time I'm thinking to myself "self... if you don't say something that's backed up by secular history he's never ever ever going to believe you." so I busted out with the "dead sea scrolls shows us that today's bible is an almost exact replica of what Paul of Tarsus was studying when he was a pharisee." (I'd like to thank the 'Answers to Tough questions skeptics ask about the Christian faith' very informative and very very helpful when dealing with people who believe they are prophets or descended from aliens-an equally interesting story.) so then after I say that he asks if we could "get down" GET DOWN??? my reply? "you know what, here's a deal. you learn what your spitting on with your 'God's okay with whatever I do' faith and then maybe we'll talk. perhaps start with acts, then go to the gospel of John and move on to Luke, and then perhaps tackle Isaiah and Jeremiah and see what happens to the unrepentant, and we could see what happens after that. until then, be careful of the hot spots that are coming because I don't know how long God puts up with rebellion, if your even safe to start." it was a disturbing conversation and it made me very happy that I have a church family to smack me on the back of the head if I start getting uppity.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great- who knows? Keep encouraging him and maybe he'll come around. Give him a Bible to read or something- ya never know!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Kayla Jo said...

It's a scary thought that he lives next door to a priest and he says he talks the the priest every day and the priest lets him get away with it.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Ryobi4jesus said...

that's because the priest doesn't study his Bible either.....

if you get a chance to read some Joshua Mcdowell's, " More than a Carpenter" he rattles off alot of interesting things.... like that people claim Homer's Illiad to be truth because it has 500 manuscripts and they don't change so they believe it to be true..... The Bible has over 20,000 and people still question it's authority... check it out.. b-bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home