Monday, December 31, 2007

*Instert random song title here*

SOO, as you may have gathered, it's been a long while since I've posted. a long while. At this moment it is 11:55 in the PM on December the thirty-first of the year of our Lord two thousand and seven. And what of it you may ask? What possessed me to post after such a long sabbatical away from the blog board? The answer? I don't know. There you have it. actually it's my mood, and a foul one it is dear sirs and madams. and for such a silly reason as well. I come into my domicile, the one where all my clothing resides, and I think to myself I would love to ring in the new year playing cribbage with my father (fair enough) I wonder to the basement of said domicile where father is playing a round of computerized texas hold'em and ask him "do you wish to play cribbage with me?" Thinking to myself since he hasn't talked to a human for over two days perhaps it would be best. "No, I don't feel like it, I just started this... Make sure you check that the door is locked and the light is off, you left them both last night." It hurt, I don't know why, perhaps I should expect it. Such a silly thing to be upset about but still a little saddening and something that kind of pulls a person up short. It makes me feel like I live here but I don't exist here. I'm water slipping through their fingers and they don't even know it.

I gather from the noise outside that the new year has begun and the old year has been put to rest. Good night and God bless.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger A said...

Hey! I don't think I saw you last night, which leads me to believe that you were, in fact, not there. Intelligent conclusion, no? However, it could be erroneous, due to the sizable number of people crammed in our little church basement. If in fact you weren't there, why not? Perhaps you could have played cribbage there? (Although I was seriously craving Phase 10 and did not get to play, so no guarantees!)

Bummer though, when we have expectations of family that are continuously disappointed. They seem pretty basic, though, but apparently they aren't. I just have to remember that they CAN'T do any better with what they have. Or that they are doing the best they have with what they've got, which according to the Bible isn't so much. Thank God for Him being the perfect father, giving us another family to supplement, and pray like heck for a great and godly set of inlaws some day!

Happy New Year!
Amanda

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Kayla Jo said...

nah, my boss decided to play the great and almighty schedualer and schedual me for a day I haven't worked in over a year and a half. funny how that works, The only one who has a consistant schedual of only working tuesdays thursdays saturdays and sundays and I get to be schedualed for a monday... hum of course that also means that I'm the only one who was not known for getting plastered at one or both of the bars in greater colfaxia. compliment or grievence? I don't know. Weird days are afoot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home