Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stupidity in the Work Place


Hey all! So, wanna know the quickest way to get voluntarily fired? Tell your boss that if you don't get the upcoming weekend off, you're going to quit. Oh and be sure that you've only been at your job for 3-4 months so you're expendable. One of my co-workers tried to pull this stunt and my boss called her bluff. So we're officially one worker short at the Express Mart. So now, once again we get to go through the process of sorting through applications and, hopefully staying away from bar flies this time, find another applicant that is worth it. So far that is 4 people we've been through for this position. I swear I'm not that hard to work with. Neither is Chris or Rose or Swede. We're not evil hags that will try to trick you for your first born. The biggest problem is this, the days that I don't work are church days (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays) So I can't ask any of my fellow church goers to apply because it's for those days that I don't work at night. Sad isn't it?

1 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya about the struggle to find a job that will work with a church schedule! I just took on a second part time job- it's during the day, usually on Mondays and Fridays, 10-2. That's great for me who is married and doesn't have the responsibility of paying the bills and keeping a family afloat on my paycheck alone, but I really feel for you singles who have the soel responsibility for yourselves plus serving at church plus going to school and all the other things you guys do! Throw in the equation being a single mom and you have a good idea of what my single days were like! (I'm not complaining- it was obviously self-inflicted- I'm just thankful for where I'm at now!)

Phew! I'm wordy today!

PS- You've been TAGGED- HA HA!
See my newest post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home