Friday, September 08, 2006

a little depressing poem

It's odd what you find stashed in your school H:drive. I found this poem. I don't know when I wrote it, but here it is... Hope you enjoy.

Whisper Whisper into the dark
Of dreams filled with angst and greed.
Yell Yell into the light
Of dreams filled with love.
Shake it up my darling
The snow globe of life is waiting
For you
To break down
And die.
Stand up my child
Cry out for mercy
Stay silent
Cry out
Stay silent
Justify
Be Quiet you odius creature.
What say you?
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord my soul to keep
If I die before I wake
I pray the lord my soul to take
BUT WHICH LORD?
My only lord.
Whisper whisper hate and greed
Yell Yell love.
Oh…dark long lonely night.

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem is similiar to the style I use when writting poetry (which hasn't happened for a long time).
Have you ever enterered anything into WOTS? Just wondering!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Kayla Jo said...

Nope, don't think so. I have some stuff out on poetry.com but that's about it. I'm thinking about submitting some to NOTA, which is the campus art mag in eau claire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home